Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

Role of variable

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Role of variable

Hi

I was wondering what is the difference in SAS Miner between the prediction and target role. Do I need to pick prediction if my target is numeric continuous and target if it is binary? 

Thanks

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-20-2018 04:54 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Role of variable

You should use role of Target for your observed (actual) target, whether it is numeric or character.  The Prediction role is typically automatically assigned by EM to the variable representing the predicted target from the model (P_target, e.g.).  One time when you would assign this role to a variable is if you were using the Model Import node to import predictions from a model.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎06-20-2018 04:54 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Role of variable

You should use role of Target for your observed (actual) target, whether it is numeric or character.  The Prediction role is typically automatically assigned by EM to the variable representing the predicted target from the model (P_target, e.g.).  One time when you would assign this role to a variable is if you were using the Model Import node to import predictions from a model.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation