BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mike90
Quartz | Level 8

The target is a set of integers (representing days).

I added a Metadata node to change the target to be Nominal.

I added a Replacement Node after the Metadata Node, and ran it to update the path.

I open the Replacement Editor (Replacement Node: Class Variable : Replacement Editor : ...).

It lists all the integer values that occur for the target, and in the next Column there are N's for type (Nominal).

I can change the values to numbers, but if I use one or more characters it clears the entry when I press return.

I changed the target to Nominal in the Data Source, and deleted the Metadata node.

I still can't change the number to one or more characters in the Replacement Node.

What I am trying to do is manually put the numbers into 4 groups (that have a meaningful name, not a number).

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

I think it's because even though that variable is now nominal, it is still a numeric variable, so can't have character values in it.  You might need to use a SAS Code node to create a new variable that groups the numbers into groupings named how you want.  The Interactive Binning node (using the Interactive Binning editor) will allow you to group the values how you want, but there you can't control the names of the groups.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation