BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Lbind91
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everybody

I'm new to SAS EM, so it may be a simple question to some.

I want to rename a variable, which I derived from a consolidation tree. The output name of my new varaible is just _NODE_, which doesn't say much. How can I rename it? I have read, that I maybe could use the transform variables node - but I can't figure out how.

Thanks!

/Louise

2 REPLIES 2
candby
SAS Employee

As you note, the Applied Analytics Using Enterprise Miner notes (page 9-28) suggest using the Transform Variables node to change the name, but may be simpler to just perform a DATA step in the SAS Code node.  Assuming you are inputting and outputing a training data set, the DATA step might look something like the following:

data &EM_EXPORT_TRAIN;

set &EM_IMPORT_DATA (rename=(_NODE_=<newname>));

run;

Hope this helps.

Dave

DougWielenga
SAS Employee

You can use the approach described by @candby  where you would need to do a data step for each data partition being passed through (e.g. Train, Validate, Test) but those changes would not be reflected in the resulting score code.  It might be easier to just add a line to the Score code section of a SAS Code node such as the following:

MyNewVar = _NODE_;

The new variable MYNEWVAR will contain the value of _NODE_ in every resulting data set that is passed through the modeling node and/or scored by score code from a subsequent Score node.  Admittedly, you are not renaming the variable but still can accomplish the desired outcome. 

Hope this helps!

Doug 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation