BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
juanvg1972
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I would like to know ihow rorks Rapid predictive modeler (RPM).

When I create nd execute an RPM task from a dataset.... does RPM select automaticaly de model (for example logistic regression, decision tree., cluster..)?, does it use a single model or a group of this?, can I see the model selected

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rayIII
SAS Employee
Hi, the models that are used depend on the modeling method you choose in the RPM dialog. Here is a snippet from Help for the Advanced modeling method: "Champion Model Selection: The advanced model performs an analytic assessment of the predictive or classification performance of the competing decision tree, neural, and regression models. The model that demonstrates the best predictive or classification performance is then used as an input, along with the champion model from the basic and intermediate models, to create an ensemble model. Then the newly created advanced ensemble model, decision tree model, neural model, and backward regression model are analytically compared to select the best model from the sample space of all basic, intermediate, and advanced champion models. After the SAS Rapid Predictive Modeler selects a champion model, it runs and compares the predictive performance of the advanced model to the champion models for the intermediate and basic models, and then chooses the best performing champion model as the result." You can see and continue to refine your RPM models by saving an Enterprise Miner project (in the Options panel) then opening the project in EM. That will enable you to see the entire process flow and work with it as if it had been created in EM. Hope this helps. Ray

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

See this document about How to Interpret the results of Rapid Predictive Modeler -- maybe that will help.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
juanvg1972
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks Chris

I have read this docs just yerterday

I didn't find any information about the models behind the results.

Can you tell me more about the models?, Does RPM select a model automaticaly?, can i see it?

Thanks

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I believe that RPM takes an ensemble approach.  You can probably learn more in this Ask the Expert video, available on-demand.

I'll also move this topic to the Data Mining community -- some experts there might chime in.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
rayIII
SAS Employee
Hi, the models that are used depend on the modeling method you choose in the RPM dialog. Here is a snippet from Help for the Advanced modeling method: "Champion Model Selection: The advanced model performs an analytic assessment of the predictive or classification performance of the competing decision tree, neural, and regression models. The model that demonstrates the best predictive or classification performance is then used as an input, along with the champion model from the basic and intermediate models, to create an ensemble model. Then the newly created advanced ensemble model, decision tree model, neural model, and backward regression model are analytically compared to select the best model from the sample space of all basic, intermediate, and advanced champion models. After the SAS Rapid Predictive Modeler selects a champion model, it runs and compares the predictive performance of the advanced model to the champion models for the intermediate and basic models, and then chooses the best performing champion model as the result." You can see and continue to refine your RPM models by saving an Enterprise Miner project (in the Options panel) then opening the project in EM. That will enable you to see the entire process flow and work with it as if it had been created in EM. Hope this helps. Ray

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation