BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dwish
Calcite | Level 5

If one has RPM available through Enterprise Guide, is there a need for using Enterprise Miner?  (I understand that Enterprise Miner is required for RPM)  As in, what does RPM leave out that eMiner fulfills?

2 REPLIES 2
DLing
Obsidian | Level 7

Rapid Predictive Miner, if I understand it correctly, is meant to simplify the model building process by using pre-defined modeling process flow diagrams.  If you have relatively standard problems that RPM process flow can solve well, then it lets you very quickly run some models and see some results.

If you need to tweak the process flow or do something fancier, then you need to drop into Enterprise Miner where you drive the entire modeling process, including putting together the process flow the way you want.

I think of it as auto-pilot/cruise control versus taking the wheel yourself.  There are times when you'd want one or the other, and the flexibility is there.  RPM isn't necessarily leaving anything out per se.

WayneThompson
SAS Employee

Thanks DLing.  Here is a older SGF paper that discuss the RPM task within SAS EG and SAS AMO for Excel and how it is integrated and inturn can be extended in EM.

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings10/113-2010.pdf

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation