BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
YG1992
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear all,

I am currently work with SAS EM to build a classification template for our datasets. In my template plenty of operations (e.g. imputation, winsorization an so on) and models (e.g. random forest, gradient boosting, neural networks and so on) are included, and for each model several different combinations of hyper-parameters are included. All different paths in the diagram is finally connected to a "Model Comparison" node.

My question is: after the first successful running of the whole template, when I just change the settings in one node (for example, change the number of trees in random forest) or even do not change anything and click the "Model Comparison" node to run, why does SAS EM run the whole template from beginning? In other words, the results of other nodes DO NOT Change since I don't change any settings and the results already exist and are saved, so why does SAS EM rerun the total template? Is there any solution to avoid this?

PS: Our dataset contains millions of observations so it is really a problem if I need to rerun the whole template and all models every time I just make small changes for few nodes.

Thanks very much!

1 REPLY 1
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

The only time a node should re-run is if a property in a node before it has changed, or if Rerun is set to Yes in the Input Data node.  You might see the green ring around the node briefly when the flow is run, but that doesn't necessarily mean the node is re-running.  You can see from the Last Run Time property for the node when it was actually run last.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation