BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jingsi
Calcite | Level 5

A starter SAS user got a little confused on functions and procedures. Thanks for bearing me on this.

Suppose that I have a string of numbers of interval ratio from a survey, but here is the problem. I don't know how to sort it by absolute value. Should I create a variable to contain these absolute values in procedures step or I can have other solutions by using some functions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
art297
Opal | Level 21

Is the following what you are looking to do?

data have;

input x;

cards;

;

proc sql noprint;

create table want as

select x

from have

order by abs(x)

;

quit;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
art297
Opal | Level 21

You've probably posted this in the wrong forum but you should post more info, anyhow, in order for others to know what you are seeking.  A small example of your data would help as well as an explanation of what you would ultimately like to accomplish with the data.

Jingsi
Calcite | Level 5

For example, I have some numbers gained from the individual survey such as -5 -7 3 -1 4 -6 1 ... and I want to sort them by the power of absolute values then I could chose to display the survey question items by this order.

art297
Opal | Level 21

Is the following what you are looking to do?

data have;

input x;

cards;

;

proc sql noprint;

create table want as

select x

from have

order by abs(x)

;

quit;

Jingsi
Calcite | Level 5

Yes. Smiley Happy Thank you so much for helping me out.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation