BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chemicalab
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

After running a logistic regression i get the output containing the estimates for the scoring variables.

My question is the following, how do i interpret the estimates of the continuous variables that i have used to someone? How can i show him the likelihood of an event based on that estimate?

What does a 0.42 estimate for No Accounts tell me for a persons likelihood to be an event int he future?

Thanx ina advance

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Well, exponentiating the estimate would give an odds ratio, based on a one unit change.  So for each change in No Accounts of 1 unit, the odds of <insert response here> are roughly 1.5 times higher.  Is that what you are seeking?

Steve Denham

JasonXin
SAS Employee

Hello, Chemicalab,

Here is link to SAS STAT user guide that has some details on how to interpret proc logistic. For more depth, check books written by Paul Allison. If you visit www.lexjansen.com, you can find many past proceedings covering the subject.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/stat/index.html

Best Regards

Jason Xin

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation