Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

Proc HPForest

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Proc HPForest

Hi All,

When we execute Proc HPForest in SAS studio results show fitstats for training & Out of Bag(OOB) observations whereas in SAS Eminer results show fitstats for training,OOB and for validation datasets. I'm just wondering why this difference and how can we get fitstats for validation dataset in SAS studio?

Regards

Srihari

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-05-2017 09:37 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Proc HPForest

You would need to have a partition indicator in your data set that determines which observations are included for training and which for validation.  For example for a variable with value 1 for the training observations and 0 for the validation observations, you can use the PARTITION statement in PROC HPFOREST:

partition rolevar=Name-of-your-partition-variable (train='1' validate='0');

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎05-05-2017 09:37 PM
SAS Super FREQ

You would need to have a partition indicator in your data set that determines which observations are included for training and which for validation.  For example for a variable with value 1 for the training observations and 0 for the validation observations, you can use the PARTITION statement in PROC HPFOREST:

partition rolevar=Name-of-your-partition-variable (train='1' validate='0');
Occasional Contributor

Hi Wendy, 

Thanks for the reply. Still not getting the validation part in fitstats. I've attached the screen shot. 

Thanks,

Srihari

SAS Super FREQ

Try with Validate in place of Test on your PARTITION statement.  I don't think a test partition is supported.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Wendy. It is working fine now :-). 

Thanks & Regards,

Srihari

Community Manager

Hi Srihari40,

I'm glad you found some useful info! If one of the replies was the exact solution to your problem, can you "Accept it as a solution"? Or if one was particularly helpful, feel free to "Like" it. This will help other community members who may run into the same issue know what worked.

Thanks!
Anna

Occasional Contributor

Hi Anna,

As suggested by you I accepted Wendy'a answer as a solution. Thanks.

Regards,

Srihari

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation