BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Srihari40
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

When we execute Proc HPForest in SAS studio results show fitstats for training & Out of Bag(OOB) observations whereas in SAS Eminer results show fitstats for training,OOB and for validation datasets. I'm just wondering why this difference and how can we get fitstats for validation dataset in SAS studio?

Regards

Srihari

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

You would need to have a partition indicator in your data set that determines which observations are included for training and which for validation.  For example for a variable with value 1 for the training observations and 0 for the validation observations, you can use the PARTITION statement in PROC HPFOREST:

partition rolevar=Name-of-your-partition-variable (train='1' validate='0');

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

You would need to have a partition indicator in your data set that determines which observations are included for training and which for validation.  For example for a variable with value 1 for the training observations and 0 for the validation observations, you can use the PARTITION statement in PROC HPFOREST:

partition rolevar=Name-of-your-partition-variable (train='1' validate='0');
Srihari40
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Wendy, 

Thanks for the reply. Still not getting the validation part in fitstats. I've attached the screen shot. 

Thanks,

Srihari

WendyCzika
SAS Employee

Try with Validate in place of Test on your PARTITION statement.  I don't think a test partition is supported.

Srihari40
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Wendy. It is working fine now :-). 

Thanks & Regards,

Srihari

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi Srihari40,

I'm glad you found some useful info! If one of the replies was the exact solution to your problem, can you "Accept it as a solution"? Or if one was particularly helpful, feel free to "Like" it. This will help other community members who may run into the same issue know what worked.

Thanks!
Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

Srihari40
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Anna,

As suggested by you I accepted Wendy'a answer as a solution. Thanks.

Regards,

Srihari

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation