Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

Problems importing file with SAS Enterprise Miner

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Learner
Accepted Solution

Problems importing file with SAS Enterprise Miner

Hello there!

I am trying to import files to SAS Enterprise Miner using the File Import node. However, I noticed that every file (.txt files) that starts with Xref or Path (capitalized) are imported without any content, just plain blank text files, but if I uncapitalize Xref or Path the all file's content will be imported.
The files I cannot import looks like this:
https://github.com/yassersouri/classify-text/blob/master/dataset/sci.crypt/14987
or this:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/theo-11/www/naive-bayes/20_newsgroup/alt.atheism/51224

See attached another sample file.

I would like to know if there is any setting in SAS Enterprise Miner which I can use to correctly import these files, and I also would like to understand why these files are not being imported.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
2 weeks ago
SAS Employee

Re: Problems importing file with SAS Enterprise Miner

From the SAS Enterprise Miner help, the File Import node is designed to convert selected external flat files, spreadsheets, and database tables into a format that Enterprise Miner recognizes as a data source and can use in data mining process flow diagrams.  The files you are describing are text files that can be used by text miner.  These files would not need to be imported into SAS Enterprise Miner to be used as text; instead, they would need to be put in a particular location with other text files where the Text Miner nodes could access them and analyze them.

I hope this helps!

Doug

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
2 weeks ago
SAS Employee

Re: Problems importing file with SAS Enterprise Miner

From the SAS Enterprise Miner help, the File Import node is designed to convert selected external flat files, spreadsheets, and database tables into a format that Enterprise Miner recognizes as a data source and can use in data mining process flow diagrams.  The files you are describing are text files that can be used by text miner.  These files would not need to be imported into SAS Enterprise Miner to be used as text; instead, they would need to be put in a particular location with other text files where the Text Miner nodes could access them and analyze them.

I hope this helps!

Doug

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation