BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
park2039
Calcite | Level 5

I am taking an e-learning course, Applied Analytics Using SAS Enterprise Miner. I am getting a result for a practice in the regression model lesson different from the solusion. I followed the steps and still not getting the same result in the solution.  The problem involves tha dataset called Organics.  The practice involved is "Impute missing values, and then run the regression node." (screen 41 in the Regression Models lesson).  The number of input variables should have been 16.  I am getting a lot more (41). I do not what causes different answer.  I followed the steps as instructed.  Has anyone taken this course and experienced the same problem?  I need to resolve this issue before I can move on as the practices in later lessons depends on the answers in previous practices.

23 REPLIES 23
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

I haven't taken e-learning in a long while, but SAS courses have the solutions for all exercises.

Courses are designed so that you can move on even if you miss something. Try to locate the solutions, ideally as an XML that you can import.

Do you have the contact for an instructor on the e-learning?

Thanks,

Miguel

park2039
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your response.  The solution is part of the course. I am not getting different result. The course is a self-paced e-learning format and there is no instructor associated.

Thanks,

Hyo

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Sorry Hyo, I didn't catch that, are you good to go or do you need anything else?

park2039
Calcite | Level 5

Miguel,

I am still stuck with the problem.  I am not getting the same result.  I was looking for someone who took the same course and wanted to know how they resolved the problem.  I cannot not move forward as the next exercise use the output data from the exercise I am having problem with. I seeked the help from the SAS tech support.  They said they only assist with software installation.

Thanks, Hyo

mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

I think i may help you ... i am familiar with this course.

But from your description ... i do not know what is your problem and in which part exactly. more details please?

And did you followed the steps in chapter three to prepare the data before jump to four directly, because it depends.

Where is the difference you get from the material in the data set itself or the imputation or the regression?

RobertBlanchard
SAS Employee

Hey Park2039,

Mohamed has asked some good questions. Providing your results that differ from the course's results will help us identify the problem.

Best,

Robert

park2039
Calcite | Level 5

Robert / Mohamed,

I prepared a document that inclues the steps and my result.  I tried to attach the document and the site would not allow it to upload. I tried MS word, PDF, and rtf formats.  None of them are working.  Is there a special method for uploading a file to this site? The document contains some graphics.

Thanks

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

click on Reply, then top right corner says "Use advanced editor".

Then at the bottom you will see the menu "Attach files". limit is 50 MB.

park2039
Calcite | Level 5

I used that method and it did not work.

Community_Help
SAS Employee

Hi park2039, so sorry - Miguel let me know the problem. We had to turn off attachments temporarily - I will fix now. Should be okay in 5 minutes - will let you know. Thanks Miguel

Community_Help
SAS Employee

You should be able to upload a PDF document now - we don't allow for Word.. So sorry for the inconvenience. If you run into trouble just respond to this thread and I'll get the message

park2039
Calcite | Level 5

The attached pdf contains the steps I followed and the results.  Two practices are included - one from the Predictive Modeling and the other from from the Regression Model session.  The output from the former is used for the later as input.

Thank you for helping me out.

RobertBlanchard
SAS Employee

Sorry, posted under my old SAS data mining user account (analyze_this).

Thank you Park.  I'll have a look at your attachment and get back to you.

Best,

Robert

RobertBlanchard
SAS Employee

Hey Park,

Version of SAS EM are you running?

Best,

Robert

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 23 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation