BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bryanssilveira
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there.

I am facing a problem to make predictions when I use Score in a Regression Model (this occur only if I use Regression). 

The output of the Scoring is all equal, but the input's data are different. When I used other models, like Neural Network, this not occur.

So, how can I solve this problem?

Best Regards,

Bryan Silveira

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

I think it's because of the missing values - specifically the ones that are all missing (Suco_Fr) have the same estimates. 

PS. Please include your pictures directly into the posts  (as below) rather than as an attachment, it's much easier to reference and respond and doesn't clutter up machines that way as well. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 10.51.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-10 at 10.51.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-10 at 10.51.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-10 at 10.51.44 AM.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

If you look at the results of your Regression, do you see any effects being included in the model?  I'm guessing it is resulting in an intercept-only model so that is why you are getting all the same predictions.

bryanssilveira
Calcite | Level 5

The value of the intercept is different to the result of the predictions. I will put in the attachments what have been occuring.

WendyCzika
SAS Employee

I think it's because the values for Suco_Fr are all missing in your score data set, so it can't calculate a true prediction based on the regression model, so just uses the mean of the target from the training data for the prediction.

Reeza
Super User

I think it's because of the missing values - specifically the ones that are all missing (Suco_Fr) have the same estimates. 

PS. Please include your pictures directly into the posts  (as below) rather than as an attachment, it's much easier to reference and respond and doesn't clutter up machines that way as well. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 10.51.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-10 at 10.51.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-10 at 10.51.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-10 at 10.51.44 AM.png

bryanssilveira
Calcite | Level 5

The problem was really this. 

Thanks!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation