BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Zachary
Obsidian | Level 7

I spend a lot of time setting up my SAS table/datafile to be organized in a very particular way. I like to stack the dependent variables more toward the front of my file with the other explanatory ones more toward the rear. There are also plenty of variables that I like categorizing into groups for ease of working with them.

I am now at a phase of exploring a full implementation within Enterprise Miner. Is there a way for me to tell the Miner environment that I would like to see the variables in their original SAS order? The only other solution that I can think of at this moment is to either deal with the alphabetical order or come up with variable names that have a prefix setting them in the order that I would like.

Thank you,

Zach Feinstein, Statistical Data Modeler

P (952) 838-4289  C (612) 590-4813  F (952) 838-2010

SFM Mutual Insurance Company

3500 American Blvd. W, Suite 700, Bloomington, MN 55431

www.sfmic.com

1 REPLY 1
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

EMiner is for designed for mining When you build you Em-project all of that results in a complicated bunch of datasets to be found at the OS-folders.

You can see that is an other layer of metadata information.

It will use some ordering when it makes some sense in the mining process that is not necessary the same the ones in the headers of your dataset. More likely it will not be the same. 

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation