BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi Bees,

Sorry to bother you again, Actually, I have created the new datasets through SAS base in eminer version 6.2 to use these datasets into the eminer project.

The problem is that I cannot see actual datasets (visualize) into the explorer by clicking "Get the Details" but I can use the same datasets into next step.

Could you please give me a trick, how to refresh the explorer, so the datasets could be visualize/get reflected into the explorer by clicking "Get the Details".

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Regards,

Mirza

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MirzaShaheenBaig
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Miguel,

Now my datasets are reflecting by using Explorer, once library defined on the Project Start Code . Its great efforts from your side, apprciated. Thanks a lot Sir.

Regards,

Mirza

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hey Mirza,

No prob. It sounds like you are hiking the learning curve of Enterprise Miner. Give it a few weeks and you'll be the one answering questions!

If I understand right, you want to see a data set that you created using the "create data source" wizard. correct?

Remember that each EM node creates two things: a view of your data set (because views save space!) and some other data sets that contain your results. The prefix of the node and the prefix of the results usually match.

Drag and drop a data source to your workspace. Then use the browser to locate your workspace, and notice that there is an IDS view that matches the data source that you just dropped in that diagram. Double click to open this view.

An alternative, you can look at the exported data sets of your IDS node using the Exported Data ellipsis. You can use browse or explore options.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks,

Miguel

MirzaShaheenBaig
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Miguel,

Yeah you are right, I am exploring and facing the few issues,thanks for encouraging.

Actually, I have created these datasets through "SAS Base" in eminer (version 6.2).

These newly created dataset by Base SAS of eminer are not reflecting in Eminer Explorer (actually it reflected one time only afterwards not reflecting).

I hope now my question is clarified now.

Thanks,

Mirza

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Mmmm I am not sure I understand this. SAS Base and SAS Enterprise Miner are two different products.

Where exactly are you creating this data set, and where do you want to see it?

Screenshots might help here.

Please give it a try to rephrase your question. If needed we can arrange a webex to expedite things.

One more try please!

Thanks,

Miguel

MirzaShaheenBaig
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Miguel,

Sorry for confusion.  "SAS Base" means that creating new datasets in work area of eminer (EMWS) by hard coding or in any permanent library.

I want to see these datasets either into the work area of eminer (EMWS) or any defined permanent library through explorer menu tab.

Thanks for cooperation.

Regards,

Mirza

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

I would create a data set in base SAS or SAS Enterprise Guide, and then import it in Enterprise Miner using the "Create Data Source" wizard.

But if you absolutely want to do it in Enterpise Miner, you can use the Project Start Code.

For example, below I create my own version of the Home Equity data set. It is stored in the library sampsio. With this code I use a libname statement to create a library called "d" that points to that path (D\allusers\miguel) and then I use a data-step to create a copy of hmeq called d.my_own_hmeq.

forM.png

If you use the browser, you can see this new library "d" and all that it contains. But you still have to use the "create data source" wizard to use this data set in Enterprise Miner.

Mockup below. On step 2 of the wizard, when I browse I can locate my "d" library and the data set I created "my_own_hmeq".

forM2.png

Is this what you needed?

Good luck!

-Miguel

MirzaShaheenBaig
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Miguel,

As  you described in step 2 of the wizard, when I browse I can locate my "d" library,

But the data set I created "my_own_hmeq",

That is not reflecting in "d" library, that is the my question.

What  I have to do trick so that "my_own_hmeq get reflected in to the "d" library.

Thank you very much for taking a pain for clarification.

Regards,

Mirza

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

If I understand OK your question is: How do I point Enterprise Miner to a specific directory?

The answer: use a libname statement in your Project Source Code.

In my second screenshot, the data set is in the "D" library because I pointed Enterprise Miner to a location of a "D" library.

The statement     libname d "<path>";     creates a library called "D" that points EM to a physical location (<path>).

If I am still not getting your question, please rephrase.

Thanks,

M

MirzaShaheenBaig
Calcite | Level 5

In your second screenshot there are 2 tabs.

1. Get Details &

2. Refresh

I have used the refresh tab &  Get Details tabs to reflect this newly generated "my_own_hmeq" in "d" library but it is not reflecting/refreshing.

Here is my point, what to do, so it get reflected in "d"library.

Thank you very much Sir for your cooperation.

Regards,

Mirza

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

The "create data source" wizard picks up the data sets automatically. The only cases you need refresh is for data sets that get created after you launched the wizard, which is a rare scenario.

Are you sure that you are creating the library and the data set correctly?

What happens when you use the Explorer (9th icon from left to right) to navigate to the newly generated library and data set?

explorer.png

Can you find your data set using the Explorer? If you cannot find your data set this way, you are probably not creating it correctly.

Give it one more try creating the library and the data set on the Project Start Code. If it does not work shoot me an email. You can find my address on the last page of this paper: http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings14/SAS133-2014.pdf

MirzaShaheenBaig
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Miguel,

Now my datasets are reflecting by using Explorer, once library defined on the Project Start Code . Its great efforts from your side, apprciated. Thanks a lot Sir.

Regards,

Mirza

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation