BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
julob
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am using Enterprise Miner 5.3 and I cannot find learning rate and momentum setting for Neural Network operator.

There is a plenty of other settings, but I can't find this. Am I missing something?

Thanks for an answers

1 REPLY 1
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

I don't have SAS Enterprise Miner 5.3 installed, but in the current version you can click on the Neural Network node in question and then click on the ... to the right of the Optimization property in order to access these settings.   There are several properties listed in the Propagation Options section of the dialog that appears including Learn and Momentum.  You can find more information about these properties if you access the help utility in SAS Enterprise Miner by opening the application and clicking on Help --> Contents and then navigating in the panel on the left to 

Node Reference

Model

Neural Network Node: Usage

Then click on Neural Network Node Train Properties in the panel on the right and scroll down to the Propagation Options.  I'm pasting an excerpt from the help utility below:

• Propagation Options — The Propagation Options section of the Optimization window contains the following settings:
      • Accelerate — Use the Accelerate propagation option to specify the rate of increase of learning for the RPROP optimization technique.
      • Decelerate — Use the Decelerate propagation option to specify the rate of decrease of learning for the RPROP optimization technique.
      • Learn — Use the Learn propagation option to specify the learning rate for BACKPROP or the initial learning rate for QPROP and RPROP optimization techniques.
      • Maximum Learning — Use the Maximum Learning propagation option to specify the maximum learning rate for the RPROP optimization technique.
      • Minimum Learning — Use the Minimum Learning propagation option to specify the minimum learning rate for the RPROP optimization technique.
      • Momentum — Use the Momentum propagation option to specify the momentum rate.
      • Maximum Momentum — Use the Momentum propagation option to specify the maximum momentum rate for the QPROP optimization technique.
      • Tilt — Use the Tilt propagation option to specify the tilt rate for the QPROP optimization technique.

I hope this helps!

Doug

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation