BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Rakessh
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

when i try to open the decision tree in interactive mode, it takes a long time and opens with a full tree with depth (all the leaves).

Please advise on if there is any setting to open the decision tree in the interactive mode with only the root node.

i'm expecting that this will reduce the time to open the tree in the interactive mode as currently it is taking very long time.

Please also advise on ways to improve the run time of the SAS EM 7.1

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Second to last sentence should says "if you add the run". I really meant "if you add the node", the Decision Tree node.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
a123
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Rakkesh,

It seems to me that the Decision Tree node works like you intended (it opens with only the root node on interactive mode if you haven't run it).

Try adding a brand new Decision Tree node, connect your data to the decision tree, and then click the ellipsis next to "Interactive" on the train properties.

Notice that all it takes for your tree node is to update the path, which does automatically, and opens the interactive tree window with just the root node.

I think that if you add the run, and run it, then you will see a big tree when you open the interactive mode. But if you just add, connect, and click on interactive, it should open with the root node only.

I just tried with my EM 7.1 version and it worked as described. Please confirm it worked for you! Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Miguel

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Second to last sentence should says "if you add the run". I really meant "if you add the node", the Decision Tree node.

Rakessh
Calcite | Level 5

thanks Miguel..its working...apologies for a late response..

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation