Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

Multiple users can't access the same diagram in SAS Enterprise

N/A

Multiple users can't access the same diagram in SAS Enterprise

Currently when I use the client to load a project from the server I am able to view the names of the diagrams created by other users but if I attempt to load one of these diagrams I receive a "A problem has been encountered on the server" error.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?
SAS Employee

Re: Multiple users can't access the same diagram in SAS Enterprise

You likely have a filesystem permissions issue - when someone else creates a file then you might not have access to open the file for update. You can normally manage this by using techniques such as group level permissions . I suggest that you should contact tech support for help with your setup.
N/A

I don't think it is the file permission issue in this case. The files belong to a group that all of the users are a part of and the everything in Workspace has been set to group readable and writable all the way down.

We've even experimented with making a project universally readable/writable.

Any other thoughts?
Occasional Contributor

Make sure your SAS OB services are running. To do so select Start>Run>services.msc. Scoll down to "SAS Lev1 OB - EMiner". It should have a status of Started. If not, highlight it and select Start.

Otherwise David's suggestion for Tech Support contact is in order...
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation