BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chemicalab
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I am trying in EM to create equal sized samples of events and non events in order to perform modeling later on.

So i want all the events to be present in all the derived samples, but the non events should be changing every time i create a new sample.

In SAS Base i would perform a loop and get my requested samples eg,500 containing always the events but with different non events.

How is that possible in EM?

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
jwexler
SAS Employee

Hi there are a few options with respect to oversampling inside EM.  The most straightforward approach is to use the sample node.

My thought is to use the sample node, use 100% for percentage, and Criterion=Level to keep an equal number of non-events.  You can change the seed to get different non-events each time.  Depending on how many events you wish to keep, you can change the options from within the Level/Stratify properties.

To run this through an iterative process, you could use the Start and End Group nodes, see flow below:

IDS - Start Group (Mode=Index) - Sample - Code node (to aggregate the samples) - End Group

For more advanced processing, you can contact SAS Tech Support, who are excellent resources (part of your license!) to work with.

http://support.sas.com/

Thanks,

Jonathan

chemicalab
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi there thank you for your input, i had tried that in EM but it didnt work as expected, its strange that it hasnt been incorporated in order to loop among equal sized samples ,perform the modeling and get the comparison as it does normally when comparing two different modeling techniques, I can do it in SAS base but i wanted try it out in EM.

I will take you up on the advice and contact the tech support as well

Thanx again for the reply

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation