BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gabras
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi, do you know how can i run MCA in Enterprise Miner?

I thought it was simple to find this but i can't.

Please help me.

3 REPLIES 3
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

Multiple correspondence analysis (MCA) is a data analysis technique for nominal categorical data used to detect and represent underlying structures in a data set by representing data as points in a low-dimensional Euclidean space.  SAS Enterprise Miner is designed for data mining (extremely large) data sets for which certain analytical methods like Multiple Correspondence Analysis would be unlikely to be used since plotting extremely large numbers of points is usually not useful.   

There is an example of doing MCA in the CORRESP procedure documentation (part of SAS/STAT) which is available at 

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63962/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_corresp_sect...

Although you could run code for the CORRESP procedure in SAS Enterprise Miner, there is no specific SAS Enterprise Miner node designed to do the same to my knowledge.

Hope this helps!

Doug

gabras
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi Doug, thank you for the answer.
Since Enterprise Miner is built for data mining, would you suggest any orher techniques which could i use instead of MCA in order to find associations between nominal variables and factors from the reduction of theese to use in further analysis?

It would be very helpful!

Thanks again
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

There are several techniques for data reduction and interpretation but the choice among which ones to try depends greatly on the nature of your data (number and type of fields, number of observations, presence of and/or type of target/outcome variable of interest) as well as the business problem you are trying to solve.   You must also consider the available computing power you have to solve the problem since some approaches might be more computationally intensive than others.   It would be helpful if you could describe the nature of your data as well as the objective you hope to accomplish after analyzing your data.  

Cordially,

Doug

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation