BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Question
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

Could you please advise which technique I could use and examples (if you have) to predict in which day/week after the last purchase, the customer is more likely to come back. I would like to have a final output like this below.

I have transactional data.., not sure what's going to be the target here.

Your help would be much appreciated .

Thank You

Customer_id Expected return
10001 This week
10002 Last week
10003 Next 2 weeks
10004 Next 3 Weeks
1 REPLY 1
sinabl
SAS Employee

Hi,

You can think of implementing two stage model here. In the first stage, you can predict the probability of a customer who is likely to return (binary classification problem that can be solved with logistic regression). If that probability is high, then in second stage, you can actually calculate the "time to return" (a continuous variable...so essentially you need to build a regression model where target variable is "time to return". 

I do not have any readymade example to share. Also, i am not sure what all data is available with you. You can think of following set of features that you can include in your both models:

1. User demographics

2. User characteristics

3. Few geography specific things (e.g. store location, users' residence, how far / near the store is....assuming you have information about the registered users)

Hope this helps,

best,

abhijit

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation