BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
grezek
Obsidian | Level 7

In Enterprise Miner I used Interactive grouping to binning my input variables.  I connected to the unbinned variables the regression node and ran a logistic regression.  Then from the Interactive Grouping node I ran a logistic regression and a scorecard.

The results were ROC for the logistic regression without binning was .839;  an improvement was seen in the logistic regression run on the binned variables (ROC = .892);  the scorecard run off of the binned variables gave an ROC of .888.  (see attached image)

I expected the binned variables to give a higher ROC than unbinned, but I'm unsure why the regression and scorecard yielded different results.  The Model Comparison node compares the output statistics very conveniently; is there a way to compare the relevant settings between the regression and scorecard. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  -- George Rezek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

If you are just running the Regression and Scorecard nodes after the Interactive Grouping node with defaults, then one thing you might want to check are the inputs used in the Regression node - by default, it is using both the GRP_ and the WOE_ variables for each input whereas the Scorecard node is only using the WOE_ variables.  When I set Use=No for the GRP_ variables  in the variables editor for the Regression node, then my assessment results matched.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

HI @grezek,

Thanks for your question! Perhaps this webinar and community article will help here? Model Selection in SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Enterprise Miner

Best,

Anna

grezek
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks, Anna.  I'll check it out.  -- George Rezek

WendyCzika
SAS Employee

If you are just running the Regression and Scorecard nodes after the Interactive Grouping node with defaults, then one thing you might want to check are the inputs used in the Regression node - by default, it is using both the GRP_ and the WOE_ variables for each input whereas the Scorecard node is only using the WOE_ variables.  When I set Use=No for the GRP_ variables  in the variables editor for the Regression node, then my assessment results matched.

grezek
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks, Wendy! Now I get the same results are well. - George Rezek

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation