BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NicolasC
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi there

I have an issue with SAS Miner. I have contradictory information when I check a variable statistics in two different way.

First one is right-click 'edit variables' and show the statistics (percent missing values etc....). Second way is while this display is open I click on the variable and then click explore. Here the statistics for the same variable are different. Why?

Thanks in advance for your help.

ps: some time, I do not even have information on the statistics (especially after a replacement node) while on the explore window, I have. 

I attach some pics where one of my variable ev_loc_p1_p2_est have contradictory information between the explore and the statistics display (pic 1) while pic 2 shows the replacement variable of this variable showing no statistics on the display but doing it in the explore.

pic1pic1pic2pic2

2 REPLIES 2
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

I think it's because when you do Explore, it is only based on a sample of the data.  You should see in the Sample Properties table of the Explore window how many rows are being used.  If you change the Fetch Size to Max, then it should use all and hopefully everything will match!

NicolasC
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes I think this is the reason. I still don't get why I have no missing values at all in the display after the REPLACEMENT node while a stat explore of the REP_variable still shows them...Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation