BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
milts
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I have a model package on a certain environment and planning to transfer it to another one. What is the correct method of doing? FYI, the diagram contains an IGN node.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

The question is really what you hope to achieve by migrating.  In general, I am able to import model packages from a variety of operating systems and view the settings, logs, and results.  In most cases, I can recreate the diagram in my version of SAS Enterprise Miner.  While the diagram is usually created, I still need to define the data source.  If the diagram is relying on a data set with a particular libname, I need to define the path for that libname so that the data will be found when I try to run SAS Enterprise Miner.  

In the example above, the model package is only creating a new diagram based on the path contained in the model package.  If you have a diagram that involves several other nodes you wish to transfer, you should save out the diagram as an .XML file and then import the whole diagram into the new version of SAS Enterprise Miner.   

If instead you are thinking about migrating entire projects, you might need to use the project migration utility in cases where you are changing the operating system or number of bits (e.g. 32-bit vs 64-bit OS) since SAS Enterprise Miner project contain catalogs which are specific to the O/S and number of bits.   The migration utility helps by converting these catalogs to be usable in the new environment.   In some cases, not all nodes and/or diagrams will be converted and you might need to edit your imported flow, particularly if you are moving to a different version of the software.

I hope this helps!

Doug

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

The question is really what you hope to achieve by migrating.  In general, I am able to import model packages from a variety of operating systems and view the settings, logs, and results.  In most cases, I can recreate the diagram in my version of SAS Enterprise Miner.  While the diagram is usually created, I still need to define the data source.  If the diagram is relying on a data set with a particular libname, I need to define the path for that libname so that the data will be found when I try to run SAS Enterprise Miner.  

In the example above, the model package is only creating a new diagram based on the path contained in the model package.  If you have a diagram that involves several other nodes you wish to transfer, you should save out the diagram as an .XML file and then import the whole diagram into the new version of SAS Enterprise Miner.   

If instead you are thinking about migrating entire projects, you might need to use the project migration utility in cases where you are changing the operating system or number of bits (e.g. 32-bit vs 64-bit OS) since SAS Enterprise Miner project contain catalogs which are specific to the O/S and number of bits.   The migration utility helps by converting these catalogs to be usable in the new environment.   In some cases, not all nodes and/or diagrams will be converted and you might need to edit your imported flow, particularly if you are moving to a different version of the software.

I hope this helps!

Doug

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation