BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
koomalkc
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

How to upload SAS dataset  from local machine to SAMPSIO data library in SAS eMiner. 

Thanks!

_kamal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

Kamal,

The SAMPSIO library in SAS Enterprise Miner actually consists of several sample library locations and I would not recommend putting your data in any of those.  Instead, you can simply copy the data to a location that is accessible from SAS Enterprise Miner and then click on File --> New --> Library... to define the path to the data location (relative to the server where SAS Enterprise Miner is installed).  Note that you cannot use locally mapped drive letters but must specify the fully qualified path (e.g. //myserver/myfolders/myprojects/mydata) for any drive which is not local to the server doing the work.   You can then define a new data source using the LIBNAME you defined in the wizard launched by requesting to create a new library.    Let me know if you have any trouble.

Cordially,
Doug

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

Kamal,

The SAMPSIO library in SAS Enterprise Miner actually consists of several sample library locations and I would not recommend putting your data in any of those.  Instead, you can simply copy the data to a location that is accessible from SAS Enterprise Miner and then click on File --> New --> Library... to define the path to the data location (relative to the server where SAS Enterprise Miner is installed).  Note that you cannot use locally mapped drive letters but must specify the fully qualified path (e.g. //myserver/myfolders/myprojects/mydata) for any drive which is not local to the server doing the work.   You can then define a new data source using the LIBNAME you defined in the wizard launched by requesting to create a new library.    Let me know if you have any trouble.

Cordially,
Doug

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation