Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

Lift Curve

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Lift Curve

Lift curve allows modelers to compare models. But this is done visually. Can lift chart be translated into a single metric so that comparison can be made even easier?

Here is a lift curve example online:

http://www.kdnuggets.com/gpspubs/kdd99-est-ben-lift/sld022.htm

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎07-10-2017 04:17 PM
SAS Employee

Re: Lift Curve

Hi, Aha. Do you really want to compare entire curves?

Data miners usually compare lift curves at a particular sample depth. In Enterprise Miner, the Model Comparison node uses a default depth of 10 when Lift is the model selection criterion, but you can change the default depth. 

Ray

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

I'm no expert in this area but I think you are after the Gini index or Somer's D or calculating the area under a ROC curve. This link contains references to all of these:

http://support.sas.com/kb/30/333.html#roc

Contributor

I forgot to mention this is a question for regression problem. As far as I know, ROC is for classifier problems.

Super User

If its a binary outcome then PROC LOGISTIC is mentioned as well in the link page.

Solution
‎07-10-2017 04:17 PM
SAS Employee

Hi, Aha. Do you really want to compare entire curves?

Data miners usually compare lift curves at a particular sample depth. In Enterprise Miner, the Model Comparison node uses a default depth of 10 when Lift is the model selection criterion, but you can change the default depth. 

Ray

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation