BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
aha123
Obsidian | Level 7

Lift curve allows modelers to compare models. But this is done visually. Can lift chart be translated into a single metric so that comparison can be made even easier?

Here is a lift curve example online:

http://www.kdnuggets.com/gpspubs/kdd99-est-ben-lift/sld022.htm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rayIII
SAS Employee

Hi, Aha. Do you really want to compare entire curves?

Data miners usually compare lift curves at a particular sample depth. In Enterprise Miner, the Model Comparison node uses a default depth of 10 when Lift is the model selection criterion, but you can change the default depth. 

Ray

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm no expert in this area but I think you are after the Gini index or Somer's D or calculating the area under a ROC curve. This link contains references to all of these:

http://support.sas.com/kb/30/333.html#roc

aha123
Obsidian | Level 7

I forgot to mention this is a question for regression problem. As far as I know, ROC is for classifier problems.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If its a binary outcome then PROC LOGISTIC is mentioned as well in the link page.

rayIII
SAS Employee

Hi, Aha. Do you really want to compare entire curves?

Data miners usually compare lift curves at a particular sample depth. In Enterprise Miner, the Model Comparison node uses a default depth of 10 when Lift is the model selection criterion, but you can change the default depth. 

Ray

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation