BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Xamius32
Calcite | Level 5

Looking at the SAS Enterprise Miner Tools Production of Score Code I see 

that the score code export node is not supported with the HP models like HP forest. I want to make sure that means there is no possible way to get be able to score a HP model in other programs besides SAS. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

HP Forest and HP SVM (when using active set optimization) are the only 2 HP models that do not produce SAS DATA step score code.  But the HPDMSCORECODE.sas file contains SAS code that can be used for scoring.  It uses a procedure, HP4SCORE, to score the forest model.  

An alternative way to score your forest model in a database is using the Analytic Store files; see this tip for more information about that:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/SAS-High-Performance-Analytics-tip-5-Scoring-...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

Can you clarify whether you are asking about creating C and Java score code (which is done in the Score node) or deploying your score code to a database using the Score Code Export node along with SAS Scoring Accelerator?

Xamius32
Calcite | Level 5

I am not sure what the SAS Scoring Accelerator is, but I need a way to see the HP model in SAS code. 

i was reading this and I cant seem to find the code. Is there any way to see a coded version of the HP forest model?

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Tip-How-Can-I-Apply-HP-Forest-Score-Code-to-D...

Which says

4.    Find a file named HPDMSCORECODE.sas located in the folder corresponding to the Score node in the EMWS workspace directory for the diagram containing your flow.  The path to this folder is in the following form:

SAS-Server-Directory/Project-Name/Workspaces/EMWSx/Score-node-ID/

5.    Copy the contents of the HPDMSCORECODE.sas file into the SAS Enterprise Miner Program Editor, and run the code.  The code from this file is in the correct form to score data in the database once the above librefs and macro variables have been defined.

WendyCzika
SAS Employee

HP Forest and HP SVM (when using active set optimization) are the only 2 HP models that do not produce SAS DATA step score code.  But the HPDMSCORECODE.sas file contains SAS code that can be used for scoring.  It uses a procedure, HP4SCORE, to score the forest model.  

An alternative way to score your forest model in a database is using the Analytic Store files; see this tip for more information about that:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/SAS-High-Performance-Analytics-tip-5-Scoring-...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation