BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
youyunjupiter
Fluorite | Level 6

Seqecmpgroup function in R TraMineR packages is quite helpful to check the rules that are particularly related to some discriminant factors, for example, some rules might be quite different from transactions related to gender. I am wondering whether there is a quicker way to check it using SAS EM? Plan B is to run levels in those factors 1 by 1 and compare the results..

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Youyun,

First time I hear about this Trajectory Miner package. From a quick look to their doc, that seqecmpgroup function identifies discrimiating subsequences using chisquare. Once with the sequences, you can use a decision tree with Chi-square criterion to confirm if certain ruels are specific to certain levels of a factor.

One way to do it would be to use the Association or the Market Basket Analysis nodes, then use a decision tree on the rules.

I hope this helps!

-M

youyunjupiter
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Miguel, do you mean to do decision tree on scores from AA/MBA, i.e. score ~ function(factors)? I guess the key difference between this way and R function is that R function is able to calculate confidence/lift seperately for different level of factors. However, in SAS EM, it seems difficult to do, especially when start group node doesnt support transaction data. Not sure if I understand correctly... 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation