Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

Introductions, please

Community Manager

Introductions, please

I've already introduced myself in the "Meet the Community Manager" box to the left of “Recent Content.” I also want to introduce a few other folks you'll start hearing from more regularly.

Laura Ryan is an Enterprise Miner product manager who loves that data mining is applicable across the board.  After all, Amy Webb used data mining to perfect her online dating profile to find her husband and Amazon.com has perfected the “customers who bought this item also bought” notion. 

Although having three small kids prevents her from playing Scrabble much anymore, for years she and her husband kept track of all of their scores and had fun analyzing the results. It turns out that, on average, they are very well-matched.

Jonathan Wexler is the Product Manager responsible for SAS High-Performance Analytics, with a focus on Data Mining.  What he loves about Data Mining is that what he does between 9-5 translates to his favorite hobby, which is being a sports enthusiast (some say sports nut).  Statistics have become an integral part of our daily lives, so what we do in the office impacts what we do for fun!

Tapan Patel covers Product Marketing for SAS Data Mining and SAS High-Performance Analytics. He interest areas include broaden the scope and usefulness of data mining for business users, how can IT help to remove analytics constraints, and understand the value of digital crumbs we leave everywhere in modern society.

Wayne Thompson, PhD, manager of the newly formed SAS Data Science department, enjoys turning data into knowledge! He has helped some of the world's biggest and most challenging organizations harness analytics to build high-performing organizations.

Wayne brings new products to market practically in his sleep, having been credited with the delivery of SAS Text Miner, SAS Credit Scoring for Enterprise Miner, SAS Model Manager, SAS Rapid Predictive Modeler, SAS Scoring Accelerator for Teradata, SAS Analytics Accelerator for Teradata, and SAS High-Performance Data Mining. He currently focuses on easy to use self-service data mining tools for business analysts, decision management, massively parallel high-performance machine learning, and recommendation systems.

We want to get to know you too! Please introduce yourself to the group, tell us what you do and are interested in. And how about answering these questions?

• What was the neatest data mining feature you came across last week?
  • On the flip side, what was the most annoying?

I look forward to "meeting" you.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation