BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
iae
Calcite | Level 5 iae
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

I'm trying to run a Credit Scoring model in SAS Enterprise Miner and when I run the Interactive Grouping node after the Data Partition one it results that all the variables are rejected and the Gini and Information Value are 0.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've run several times credit scoring models and never see all the columns of the results windows of the Interactive Grouping saying 0 and Rejected.

2 REPLIES 2
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi iae,

Is there anything special about this data set? Is the target a rare event?

Try different settings for binning. Some suggestions below.

-bump up to 50 the number of bins for interval variable binning.

-grouping method (default vs constrained optimal)

-change tree based grouping options for all methods but constrained optimal

-check the log when you run with constrained optimal to confirm what constraints are not holding, and change them (constrained optimal or advanced constrined optimal options).

-try Apply restrictions No to see if this helps and then decide whether you need this or not.

More info please

A couple screenshots of Interactive Grouping, specially what does the grouping plots on interactive mode (event count vs pre-bins and event counts vs groupings) look like? Any WOE trend whatsoever?

thanks!

iae
Calcite | Level 5 iae
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Miguel:

Thank you for the immedate reply.

I don't think the data set has something special. It has a lot of descriptive variables of the clients of a credit company and the target variable is constructed on the category the company gives to its clients. The categories goes from 1 to 6 and if you have 3 or more you are considered a bad client so we just build with a CASE that says that the target variable. Every client has a category so there're no missing values. 

I'm going to try what you suggest and then I tell you how it goes, now I only have this picture of the window of results of the Interactive Grouping node, I attach the rest later. 

IGN.png

Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation