I feel that SAS E miner version 5.3 is not behaving how its supposed to. The problem lies in the Input node. I am unable to successfully link the node to a data set. I have tried using new data source creation wizard. The wizard does not complete, and gets stuck at the last screen. I also tried the New table method where in one table is linked. However, even though I succeed in the node pointing to the SAS dataset which I have saved in my Laptop’s C drive. It does not populate the Train, & Metatable sections which clearly spells that the job is not completed. The proof that the linkage hasn’t happened is the error I get when I link this node to a decision tree node. I have a dataset for this. The error I get is that SAS has encountered an error on the server. I am convinced that the error lies in the Input Node.
At the same time, there is nothing wrong with my SAS profile as I am able to run another simple project (Association rules application). Kindly advise , as I am frustrated and stuck. I want to be able to use this for my work
My SAS dataset were not exactly SAS friendly...Probably the columns names were not proper or something of that nature. Now i am good with this problem. I am leaving this here in case any 1 has a similar problem