BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Zachary
Obsidian | Level 7

I am very near settled on what I want my final Decision Tree to look like. Unfortunately it has taken a lot of interactive selecting of other (2nd best) types of variables and selective pruning.

I just figured out how to import a previous tree structure into a new tree beautifully. That is what I want to do, so far. BUT, I also wish to prune one particular node before it is final.

When I import the structure of the other tree it does not let me interactively change the new tree without starting from scratch again. Surely I must be doing something wrrong.

Please let me know the steps to (1) retain a model from before then (2) move forward almost as if I created it from scratch.

Thank you, as usual.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

I assume you are using the property Import Tree Model=Yes, and selecting your tree model data set from the previous Decision Tree node, correct?  If so, you can use an alternative approach to allow you to make interactive changes to a previously created tree:

1) Open the Interactive Tree application (so set Import Tree Model=No)

2) Click on the root node (should be the only node) and select Action>Paste Saved Tree... from the main menu

3) Select the TreeX_emtree data set from the Emws folder that contained your original tree, with TreeX being the original Decison Tree node

4) You should now see the previous tree structure, and you can make additional interactive changes.

Hope that works for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

I assume you are using the property Import Tree Model=Yes, and selecting your tree model data set from the previous Decision Tree node, correct?  If so, you can use an alternative approach to allow you to make interactive changes to a previously created tree:

1) Open the Interactive Tree application (so set Import Tree Model=No)

2) Click on the root node (should be the only node) and select Action>Paste Saved Tree... from the main menu

3) Select the TreeX_emtree data set from the Emws folder that contained your original tree, with TreeX being the original Decison Tree node

4) You should now see the previous tree structure, and you can make additional interactive changes.

Hope that works for you.

Zachary
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Wendy. You rule!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation