BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vanveen
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

Does someone know how I can weigh records within the decision tree node in SAS Enterprise Miner 12.1? Is there somekind of "weight statement" as the PROC REG procedure within SAS Base? In my case, the target variable refers to individual annualized costs and I need to weigh them for the enrolment period when building the regression tree. How I can use a weight in the decision tree node?

Hopefully someone can help me with this....

Best,

Suzanne

2 REPLIES 2
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hello Suzanne,

You can achieve this using either Prior Probabilities or Decisions.

There is a section for that on the chapter Predictive Modeling of SAS EM Reference Help. Access it by pressing F1 on Enterprise Miner. Or download a pdf version through this link SAS Enterprise Miner.

I hope it helps,

Miguel

vanveen
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Miguel,

Thank you for your quick reply. As far as know, I need a class target variable in order to use Prior Probabilities or Decisions. In my situation, however, I have an interval target variable. How I can solve this? Is there another way of applying a weight to the records of the target variable?

Best,

Suzanne

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation