BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

I work with a model in SAS Enterprise Miner that when I run it I'm getting this message:

'ERROR: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of insufficient memory.'

Physical memory has been added:

From MEMSIZE 8G To MEMSIZE 12G

From SORTSIZE 1G To SORTSIZE 4G

But it didn't help and I'm still getting the same error message. If increasing the memory is the only way?

Is there any other thing that should be consider about this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You say that physical memory have been added. But how much free physical memory do you have prior to your SAS process? Increasing those options can be contra productive if you don't have the resources.

Also, be sure that you have enough space on disk as well.

Would be interesting to see the log when you get the error, preferably using 

options fullstimer;
Data never sleeps
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks LinusH for your reply. The log file is a long file. Could you tell me which part of it you would like to see? There are many time descriptions(cpu, system,..) for PROCEDURE SORT , PROCEDURE FREQ , PROCEDURE PRINT, PROCEDURE DMDB,PROCEDURE ASSOC,..

Actually I'm getting this error when running Association node.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

The step that crashes.

Again, monitor the actual system resources outside SAS as well.

Data never sleeps
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Memory has been increased to 16G. Please see the attached file.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Still not seeing the SAS code that generates this error.

Still, can you verify that the actual physical memory is 16GB?

If this is the case, you probably shouldn't set 16GB in SAS, since the OS, other users and applications probably uses some of that memory. Look into your OS monitor to see the memory usage prior to your batch.

Also, check how much free space there is where your library ABCD1 resides.

And again, check the amount available space on saswork.

How large is the input table(s) to this step?

If you need help, it's better to give a little more, or at least as much information we ask for - not less.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation