BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
cmajorros
Calcite | Level 5

I have a question about set score for each factor not lower than 0 in sas credit scoring

For example

Age < 20 = -15 points

20<=Age<30 = 20 points

30<=Age<40 = 30 points

I just dont want any factors and any attributes shows score less than 0.

Thanks for you all help inadvance

Rospoint

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

If you are using the Scorecard node in Credit Scoring for SAS Enterprise Miner, you can set the property Intercept Based Scorecard to Yes to have all positive scores.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

If you are using the Scorecard node in Credit Scoring for SAS Enterprise Miner, you can set the property Intercept Based Scorecard to Yes to have all positive scores.

cmajorros
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Wendy, It worked,but it seems like any factors of mine which have any attribute with score less than 0 were all eliminated. For example, I have 2 factors .1 of them have some attributes' score less than zero. After setting Intercept Base Scorcard to Yes. There are only 1 factors remained in the scorecard.

This is my understand about intercept properties.  Ex. there are 2 factors: A and B . Both have the original score as below:

Factor A

Range 1 = 10

Range 2 = 20

Range 3 = 30

Range 4 = 40

Factor B

Range 1 = 10

Range 2 = -10

Range 3 = 10

Range 4 = 20

After setting intercept base score card , it should be like this right?

For Factor A Range 1 is the minimum Score is 10, therefore all attributed from Factor A will be subtracted with 10, so the new score will be

Range 1 = 0

Range 2 = 10

Range 3 = 20

Range 4 = 30

For Factor B, The minimum value is -10 therefore, all attributes from factor B will be plus 10 points , so the new score should be

Range 1 = 20

Range 2 = 0

Range 3 =20

Range 4 = 30

Is my basic assumption correct?

Anyway, After I set Intercept Base Scorcard to Yes. I found that there is only factor A remaining , B was eliminated. Moreover, I also got the intercept score like 20 or maybe another value. In practice, what do i have to do with this score?

Do I have to do anything with intercept score? what does this score work for? What I have  to do, if i want the lost factor back? Thanks for you kindness. I am so new for this fields. and one more question, How does the intercept score calculate? So sorry for so long questions, I am rookie and not statistician, really need you all advice and help. Thanks for you all kindness in advance

Regards,

Ros

WendyCzika
SAS Employee

My colleague Miguel and I are both unable to reproduce this behavior, so we can't figure out why this is happening for you.  The same factors should be displayed in your scorecard whether you are doing an intercept based scorecard or not (just with scores re-scaled as you show above), so if that is not the case, you can contact SAS Technical Support to help you with this: Technical Support Form.

Good luck!

Wendy

cmajorros
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you so much Windy. i am appreciated for you all kindness. You all did very good job. Thanks againSmiley Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation