BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
geniusgenie
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I wonder if you can please help me?

I am trying to perform some algorithms (Neural Network, SVM, Decision Tree and Random Forest) on my dataset. 
What I am trying to see is how can I get Correlation Matrix, Confusion Matrix when I apply Model Comparison Node.

Basic Flow of my diagram is as follow

Import >>>> Stat Explorer >>>> Data Partition >>>> ANN, SVM, HP Forest, DT>>>> Control Point >>>> Model Comparison

Could you also please suggest any suitable node or critaria which may give me more results with these 4 algorithms in terms of best model comparison and results.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobertBlanchard
SAS Employee

Hello,

Great Question. 

A correlation matrix can be obtained using the variable clustering node. 

Try attaching the model comparison node to the variable clustering node and then run the variable clustering node.  From the results screen, click view > Model >  Variable Correlation. 

correlation matrix.JPG

To surface the numeric values used to derive the graph, click on the Table shortcut button at the top right of the results screen.

An Event Classification Table is provided in the output window of the results in the Model Comparison node, which provides you the TN, FN, TP and FP counts.

With respect to the additional graphs or results, I find the model comparison node does a pretty good job.  I really enjoy examining the Lift chart provided by the model comparison node because the lift charts gives us a graphical representation of each model's performance over the prior, that is a random guess.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Robert 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RobertBlanchard
SAS Employee

Hello,

Great Question. 

A correlation matrix can be obtained using the variable clustering node. 

Try attaching the model comparison node to the variable clustering node and then run the variable clustering node.  From the results screen, click view > Model >  Variable Correlation. 

correlation matrix.JPG

To surface the numeric values used to derive the graph, click on the Table shortcut button at the top right of the results screen.

An Event Classification Table is provided in the output window of the results in the Model Comparison node, which provides you the TN, FN, TP and FP counts.

With respect to the additional graphs or results, I find the model comparison node does a pretty good job.  I really enjoy examining the Lift chart provided by the model comparison node because the lift charts gives us a graphical representation of each model's performance over the prior, that is a random guess.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Robert 

geniusgenie
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks a lot Robert and sorry for late reply. 

I have followed your suggestion and it works perfectly for me..

Thanks again

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation