BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

SAS Support Community Super User Reeza describes the sas_kernel project, that allows you to run SAS from within the Jupyter Notebook interface, as "one of the best features to come out for SAS recently."

Don't miss ChrisHemedinger's blog post on how to run SAS programs in Jupyter Notebook, and learn more by watching Amy Peters announce the open source project on a SAS Tech Talk show at SAS Global Forum 2016.

Amy_Peters_Tech Talk_JupyterSAS 2016.png

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

3 REPLIES 3
Jared
SAS Employee

The direct link to the project is https://github.com/sassoftware/sas_kernel

I am currently working on integration wtih SAS University Edition and SAS On-Demand for Academics. 

Since this is open source software, please share your thought and opinions on where the project should go.

Reeza
Super User

Can we use Jupyter notebooks with SAS installed on a Windows machine?

The instructions in Chris' blog post say it needs Unix 😞

Jared
SAS Employee

There is an update that is in final testing that will remove the Unix requirement! It will allow for intergration with PC SAS as well as other products like SAS Grid Manager.

I expect it to be out on GitHub before SAS Global Forum. If you have questions, I'll be at languages booth and I have a couple of Super Demos where it will be discussed.

Jared

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 in conversation