BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pracheek
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

By mistake I deleted a diagram from my SAS Enterprise Miner project I was working on. But i have all other project related files ( system folder in the workspace, etc).

Is there anyway I can retrieve my project diagram?

Thanks,

Prachee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

Each diagram in a SAS Enterprise Miner project is contained in a folder beginning with the name EMWS and ending in a number (e.g. EMWS4).   You can identify this number by looking at the ID property in the properties sheet (middle left panel) when the diagram name is selected in the project tree (upper left panel).  Deleting a diagram from SAS Enterprise Miner effectively deletes the associated EMWS folder from the Workspaces folder in the SAS Enterprise Miner project folder. 

If my project was named TestProj and it was in the folder 

C:\MyEMprojects\

the path to the diagram corresponding to EMWS4 would be 

C:\MyEMprojects\TestProj\Workspaces\EMWS4

Deleting the diagram would only delete the EMWS4 folder from the path 

C:\MyEMprojects\TestProj\Workspaces\

while the other diagrams in the same path remain unaffected.  Should you restore the EMWS4 folder (in this example) and all of its contents without modifying any of the the files it contains, you should be able to reopen the project and see the desired diagram again.  

I tested this by choosing a diagram in one of my projects and identifying the associated ID (EMWS32 in my case).  I renamed this folder to ABC and reopened the project.  The diagram corresponding to EMWS32 was no longer visible inside the SAS Enterprise Miner project; however, I simply renamed the folder from ABC to EMWS32 and reopened SAS Enterprise Miner to find the diagram was again visible.  

Hope this helps!

Doug

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Is your project stored in folders that are regularly backed up? Most companies shared/server folders are backed up as part of that company's information data security policies. If so then you can ask for a restore of your folder(s) from an earlier date. You need to check with your IT help desk or system administrators on this and to find out the frequency of backups.

draghun9
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, Were you able to retrieve the diagram..if so, can you advice how?

DougWielenga
SAS Employee

Each diagram in a SAS Enterprise Miner project is contained in a folder beginning with the name EMWS and ending in a number (e.g. EMWS4).   You can identify this number by looking at the ID property in the properties sheet (middle left panel) when the diagram name is selected in the project tree (upper left panel).  Deleting a diagram from SAS Enterprise Miner effectively deletes the associated EMWS folder from the Workspaces folder in the SAS Enterprise Miner project folder. 

If my project was named TestProj and it was in the folder 

C:\MyEMprojects\

the path to the diagram corresponding to EMWS4 would be 

C:\MyEMprojects\TestProj\Workspaces\EMWS4

Deleting the diagram would only delete the EMWS4 folder from the path 

C:\MyEMprojects\TestProj\Workspaces\

while the other diagrams in the same path remain unaffected.  Should you restore the EMWS4 folder (in this example) and all of its contents without modifying any of the the files it contains, you should be able to reopen the project and see the desired diagram again.  

I tested this by choosing a diagram in one of my projects and identifying the associated ID (EMWS32 in my case).  I renamed this folder to ABC and reopened the project.  The diagram corresponding to EMWS32 was no longer visible inside the SAS Enterprise Miner project; however, I simply renamed the folder from ABC to EMWS32 and reopened SAS Enterprise Miner to find the diagram was again visible.  

Hope this helps!

Doug

darrel1
Calcite | Level 5

I have it on my personal computer and the folder was not backed up is there any chance I can recover it? 

DougWielenga
SAS Employee

I have it on my personal computer and the folder was not backed up is there any chance I can recover it? 

Due to the typical size and number of files in a SAS Enterprise Miner project, it is not practical to retain copies of those files in the software itself.   You will need to use appropriate backups for your type of operating system in order to protect against losing your work.   

Hope this helps!

Doug

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation