BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Lea
Calcite | Level 5 Lea
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all:

I am trying to clean up a field of free text where our sales reps can go in and enter data on how their sales calls went, what they discussed, etc.  I'm able to remove most of the garbage, but some of our reps first put their comments into Word and then copy into the text field.  This brings over all kinds of rtf code that I want to omit from the data, and I can't think of a clean way of removing it all because sometimes it precedes their comments, sometimes it envelopes it, etc.

Does anyone know if there are functions that cover the rtf code??  Here is what I have so far:

SNAGIT_SAS.png

1 REPLY 1
CraigDeVault
SAS Employee

WIthin SAS Text Miner, the Text Import node (or the %tmfilter macro) has the ability to strip out any RTF specific code and then output a copy of the document as a simple text file.  I would try this method as the standard way to create a text document from a RTF document.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation