BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MirzaShaheenBaig
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Bees,

I am new to Eminer 6.2 version, would like to use Association & Decision nodes but  eminer throwing error, to reduced the Class levels and it is reached to maximum class level 512 exceeded.

Could you please help me out how to handle efficiently class level below 512 level.

Thanks in advance for you valuable advises.

Regards,

Mirza

2 REPLIES 2
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

I would suggest unsupervised learning like Clustering. That would be my go-to because it is quick, and also easy to explain.

If you want to try more advanced things, Andrew Cathie has presented papers recently at SAS Global Forum on using the outputs of decision trees and regressions to solve the curse of dimensionality. Links to his papers:

The Anti-Curse: Creating an Extension to SAS® Enterprise Miner™ Using PROC ARBORETUM

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings11/155-2011.pdf

Extension Node to the Rescue of the Curse of Dimensionality via Weight of Evidence (WOE) Recoding

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings13/014-2013.pdf

I hope it helps,

Miguel

MirzaShaheenBaig
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Miguel for your advise.

I will explore this reference.

Regards,

Mirza

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation