Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

How to make a plot of the model residuals?

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to make a plot of the model residuals?

Hello everyone

I need to make a graph of the residuals of a model in SAS Miner. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-20-2015 04:20 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: How to make a plot of the model residuals?

Most of the plots and tables displayed in the Enterprise Miner node results are based on a summary of the data, not the full training data since it can be large.  But one way to get a residual plot is as follows:

1) With your modeling node selected, click on the ellipsis for Exported Data from the properties panel:

ExportedData.PNG

2) Select the TRAIN data, then click the Explore... button

3) Select Actions>Plot

4) Select Scatter to create a scatter plot of residuals

5) Click on R_target (where target represents your target name) and set Y for the Role

6) Select the predicted values, P_target, or an input variable, or any other variable, and set X for the Role

7) Click on Finish to create your scatter plot

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Employee

Hello -

You may want to post your question here: https://communities.sas.com/community/support-communities/sas_data_mining_and_text_mining

Thanks,

Udo

Community Manager

Hi, I'm a community manager for SAS. Based on udo@sas's comment, I've moved this thread to the data mining community. Thanks for using our communities.

Thanks,

Shelley

Solution
‎05-20-2015 04:20 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Most of the plots and tables displayed in the Enterprise Miner node results are based on a summary of the data, not the full training data since it can be large.  But one way to get a residual plot is as follows:

1) With your modeling node selected, click on the ellipsis for Exported Data from the properties panel:

ExportedData.PNG

2) Select the TRAIN data, then click the Explore... button

3) Select Actions>Plot

4) Select Scatter to create a scatter plot of residuals

5) Click on R_target (where target represents your target name) and set Y for the Role

6) Select the predicted values, P_target, or an input variable, or any other variable, and set X for the Role

7) Click on Finish to create your scatter plot

Occasional Contributor

Thank you!

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

this solution also works for residual plots that should base on the validation data set (this is what I'd like to do Smiley Happy ) .

However, I'm wondering whether it's also possible to generate these plots based on validation data using the SAS EM graphical nodes. But as far as I can see the MultiPlot node for instance only processes the training data. Is that correct? Or is there a workaround?

Thanks for any hint,

Jan

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 in conversation