BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Lychee
Calcite | Level 5

I have several 9-point liker scale variables in my input data node in the diagram. Is there any way that I can label them? Thus the 1 will show "Extremely likely" and 9 will show "Extremely unlikely" Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

You can use formats to have character values displayed for numeric values.  If you already have the data set created, you can run code similar to the following in a Program Editor:

libname myfmtlib " /* path to folder to save format definition */ ";

proc format library=myfmtlib;

value myscale 1='Extremely likely'

5='Kind of likely'

9='Extremely unlikely'

other='n/a'

;

run;

options fmtsearch=(myfmtlib);

data libref.newdata;

format /* name of numeric columns you want format applied to */ myscale.;

set libref.olddata;

run;

After creating this data set libref.newdata that has the format applied, you will need to run and save this code in your Project Start Code in Enterprise MIner:

libname myfmtlib " /* path to folder to save format definition */ ";

options fmtsearch=(myfmtlib);

Then you should be able to create a data source in Enterprise Miner for this new data set, and run flows as usual.

Hope that works for you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation