BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
badikidiki
Fluorite | Level 6

hello,

my enterprise miner project has the following nodes: sample, data partition and decision tree.

My sample consists of three groups A, B, C and I would like to run the analysis without group A.

In which node can I filter off group A or restrict the analysis to groups B and C?

Thanks for your help!

badikidiki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Badikidiki,

There are a few ways to do this. Try to reuse the SAS Code Node in this thread: https://communities.sas.com/thread/71517

I hope it helps!

Miguel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Badikidiki,

There are a few ways to do this. Try to reuse the SAS Code Node in this thread: https://communities.sas.com/thread/71517

I hope it helps!

Miguel

badikidiki
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Miguel,

this helps, I could filter my data and use it for further analysis.

Thanks a lot!

badikidiki

BrettWujek
SAS Employee

Hi badikidiki - Glad you got your data filtered properly using the code Miguel pointed you to.  For what it's worth, it seems that you could have also just used the Filter node which is provided on the Sample tab in EM.  Simply hook up the Filter node to your input data node and in the properties for the Filter node click the "..." next to Class Variables.  In that dialog select the variable that you want to filter on and click on the appropriate value bars to filter out in the histogram (Ctrl-click to select multiple) and click Apply Filter.  When you run that node the output data set will exclude all observations with those values for that variable.

Give it a try if you get a chance.

Brett

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

C_Ishihara
Calcite | Level 5

You may also consider the Text Filter Node. You can filter on both fixed and unstructed variable data by using the Document Filter features.

Example: I want to find a word in a text field only relating to Product B. The snippet results are very helpful and can speed up review.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation