BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CamillaGua
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I'm using SAS Enterprise Miner 12.1 and I want to build a decision tree with the entire data set. I tried this macro %let EM_INTERACTIVE_TREE_MAXOBS=126745; but it didn't work. I don't know that to do. Do I have to change any option on the left side after runing the macro? Where do I put this macro? On the Program Editor?

Thanks, Camilla!

6 REPLIES 6
BozJ3
Fluorite | Level 6
Could we see a screenshot of your diagram?
CamillaGua
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for answering me! 

This is my diagram, the options that appear when I click on the Data set, and the options of the Decision Tree, and how I ran the macro.

Thanks

Diagram.JPGMacro.jpgOptions_Data.JPGOptions_Decision_Tree.jpg
BozJ3
Fluorite | Level 6

You may want to wait to thank me before seeing if I can actually assist =P

When you run the decision tree, how many observations do you see in the very first branch of the tree?

I have 13500 in my first node, which is to say 13500 observations are being considered in the first split. This should match to the number of observations in the data set that is being imported into the Decision Tree node. I have 13500 observations in that data set, so my decision tree is running over all of the data.

I think that is what you are asking, though I could be misunderstanding.

branch.PNG
CamillaGua
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey!

SAS suport answerd me ans they show me where is the Project Startup Code, so now I put the macro in the correct place. But now, an error appears "Unable to open Interactive Decision Tree. Please make sure you have run the predecessors to this node and update the path". Do you know what is it?

PS: I ran the data set before the decision tree

Diagrama.JPG
CamillaGua
Fluorite | Level 6

BozJ3, i did it! Thank you for answer me, it was so important! now I have my entire data set!

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi CamillaGua,

I'm glad you found some useful info! If one of the replies was the exact solution to your problem, can you "Accept it as a solution"? Or if one was particularly helpful, feel free to "Like" it. This will help other community members who may run into the same issue know what worked.

Thanks!
Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation