BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ChunTing
Calcite | Level 5

How to convert SAS Decision Tree model to PMML format?

Currently I use proc split to mimic decesion tree, is there any possible way to oupput it as PMML format?

( I alreay know how to do this in SAS-EM, but for business use I need to do it in SAS BASE)

Thank you for whoever know how to do it, Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PadraicGNeville
SAS Employee

Alas, PROC SPLIT does not produce PMML has has no conveniences to help generate it.   

You might already know that PROC ARBOR has a PMML option to the CODE statement.  PROC ARBOR superseded PROC SPLIT around 2002.  I wonder why PROC SPLIT would still be used. (SAS also has PROC HPSPLIT and PROC DMSPLIT.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PadraicGNeville
SAS Employee

Alas, PROC SPLIT does not produce PMML has has no conveniences to help generate it.   

You might already know that PROC ARBOR has a PMML option to the CODE statement.  PROC ARBOR superseded PROC SPLIT around 2002.  I wonder why PROC SPLIT would still be used. (SAS also has PROC HPSPLIT and PROC DMSPLIT.)

ChunTing
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your replay.

I would want to further ask as the following:

1. If I put PMML function into PROC ARBOR as

PROC ARBOR  data=xxxx;

input=xxx;

target=xxx;

code file=aaa PMML;

run;

at which place can I see the PMML file? Currently the log said it has opend, but I havn't seen any PMML file in my SAS work. 

2. if I use PROC ARBOR and Macro to mimic random forest model, is it possible to generate all the PMML file as one file?

Thank you!

PadraicGNeville
SAS Employee

Hi, ChunTing.

1: this question needs to go to technical support.  I cannot answer it.

2:   Each individual PMML file has to change to generate an average prediction (or a vote) for the tree. Concatenate the modified individual PMML files and manual add an averaging (or voting) at the end.  I have not tried it.

-Padraic

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation