BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kanyange
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am using Enterprise Miner 7.1 and I have built a logistic regression model and I would like to change my reference group for one of the categorical independent variables. The equivalent in Base SAS is like below, but I would like to do it in EM. Your help will be much appreciated. Many Thanks

proc logistic data= HC_Xsell DESCENDING plots(only)=roc;

class

G_ac_ilu_no_of_bedrooms_ap

G_property

G_mosaic_group

G_ac_length_of_res_cd_apty (ref="2,3" param=ref)

G_fss_group (ref="1,3,8to13,14" param=ref)

;

model Click_Flag =

G_ac_ilu_no_of_bedrooms_ap

G_property

G_mosaic_group

G_ac_length_of_res_cd_apty

G_fss_group / selection=stepwise;

OUTPUT OUT= model_click p=p;

run ;

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kanyange
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank You Laura and Reeza,

I have figured oiut how to do it..I use Interactive binning to group the categorical variables...EM will create group 1, 2 ,3....it seems like EM always pick up the last group (3 in this case) as the reference group..So in my binning, I can make sure that the group I choose as a reference group is the last...

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lryan
SAS Employee

Good morning - thanks for your question.

The Regression node does not support that feature.  However, PROC HPGENSELECT, available last June, does.  In EM 13.1, available in just a few weeks (mid-December), there will be a new node, the GLM node, which will enable you to specify your reference levels for each class variable.

Please consider speaking with the SAS representative at your organization about updating your license; EM 7.1 goes back quite a number of years and there is much additional functionality in the current releases.

Reeza
Super User

I took a SAS EM class a while back and the instructor showed me how to do it, I believe it was EM 12.1 though not 7.1.

Unfortunately I don't recall how it can be done Smiley Sad

I think it was where you set variable types to ordinal, rejected/not rejected and it was definitely part of the point and click interface.

Kanyange
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank You Laura and Reeza,

I have figured oiut how to do it..I use Interactive binning to group the categorical variables...EM will create group 1, 2 ,3....it seems like EM always pick up the last group (3 in this case) as the reference group..So in my binning, I can make sure that the group I choose as a reference group is the last...

Cheers

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation