BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
danielsen
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Community

I have constructed a workflow as below. My data contain categorical predictors, natural language and a target. The text miner nodes creates predictors from the text. Three models were trained: a Neural Network, Lasso with cross validation (LARS node) and a Random Forest. The first Random Forest node makes predictor selection. I used the ROC Index in the Model Comparison Node for model selection. The chosen model (Random Forest) was then validated using an independent test set. I would like to publish the results (ROC Index for the test set) but in my field (biomedical research) 95% confidence intervals (CI) are expected/mandatory.Diagram for community.png

As far as I understand, confidence intervals can not be produced by the Model Comparison node.

Does anyone know how to calculate a ROC Index 95% CI (for the test set) for for a Random Forest model (or a Lasso model) using SAS Enterprise Miner 14.1 implemented in the workflow above?

Thanks.

-Andreas

1 REPLY 1
RalphAbbey
SAS Employee

Unfortunately to my knowledge, Enterprise Miner does not compute confidence intervals for the ROC index.

I hadn't heard of confidence intervals on ROC curves before, so I decided to look it up. I found several different results, so unfortunately I'm not sure what method you need for your work.

Ultimately, if you know the equations behind the confidence interval calculation, then you can use a SAS code node to do the computations for the ROC index and the confidence interval after the modeling node.

I hope this helps guide your work. Let me know if there's anything I can help with here.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation