Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

How to calculate f-score of classifiers

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to calculate f-score of classifiers

Hi,

I am using Svm, random forest, decision trees and neural network and comparing performance of models.

Could anyone please tell me how can I calculate f-score, recall and precision of each of these models?

Regards

Accepted Solutions
Solution
a week ago
SAS Employee

Re: How to calculate f-score of classifiers

By "f-score", are you talking about the traditional F-measure or balanced F-score (F1 score) which is the harmonic mean of precision and recall or are you referring to an F-test statistic of some sort?  SAS Enterprise Miner calculates precision defined as % true predicted events / (true predicted + false predicted) and recall defined as the event classification rate.  It is likely you could compute this statistic relatively easily but I am not aware of anything by that name being generated by SAS Enterprise Miner.  Do you have a formula for the f-score you wish to compute?

Cordially,

Doug

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
a week ago
SAS Employee

By "f-score", are you talking about the traditional F-measure or balanced F-score (F1 score) which is the harmonic mean of precision and recall or are you referring to an F-test statistic of some sort?  SAS Enterprise Miner calculates precision defined as % true predicted events / (true predicted + false predicted) and recall defined as the event classification rate.  It is likely you could compute this statistic relatively easily but I am not aware of anything by that name being generated by SAS Enterprise Miner.  Do you have a formula for the f-score you wish to compute?

Cordially,

Doug

Contributor

Thanks for your reply, I got it done.

Regards
☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation