BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ram4sas
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I am new to SAS Enterprise Miner tool and need to work on EM 13.1.  I want to access Oracle DB tables for Mining Analysis in SAS EM. 

Can I access the Oracle library tables in SAS EM which I can see in SAS EG library list(SAS Admin Created for EG Access)? or

Do I need to create New Oracle Library in SAS EM tools?

Thanks,

Ram.

4 REPLIES 4
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

I don't think that you can access oracle tables directly from Enterprise Miner.

A quick alternative would be to use Enterprise Guide to create a SAS data set you can use in Enterprise Miner to create predictive models.

The good news is that with SAS Scoring Accelerator you can deploy your model directly into Oracle if that is better for your business needs.

Good luck!

Ram4sas
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi MiguelMaldonado,

Thank you for yur reply. as you said that with "SAS Scoring Accelerator that i can deploy the model into Oracle".

Is SAS Scoring Accelerator seperate SAS Product with seperate License? or is this come with SAS EMiner?

If it some with SAS E Miner Prodcuct how to deply the model into oracle directly?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks,

Ram

SASKiwi
PROC Star

According to the EM help, Oracle tables can be used as long as they are defined as pre-assigned data libraries in SAS metadata and each of the required tables is registered in SAS metadata. These tasks are usually done in SAS Management Console.

Ram4sas
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi All, I can see the Oracle DB Library tables under SAS Folder path,but until unless I create library as part of the project after project got created, we can not select the particular tables as source for data mining. Thanks, Ram

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation